Connect with us

Gist

Fire Outbreak at Okwelle-Soku Waterfront in Port Harcourt

Published

on

Residents of Okwelle-Soku waterfront in Mile 2 Diobu area, Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of Rivers State are now counting their losses following an inferno that engulfed makeshift buildings in the area.

Chukwuma Atamkpo, member, Port Harcourt City Local Government Area (PHALGA) Security Service, said a female resident forgot to put off a candle which sparked the fire and spread to other apartments, gutting the makeshift houses.

Another resident in the area, Christian Alali said, “the fire came from a cooking stove which an occupant forgot to put off, leading to an explosion”.

Two female residents lamented that they were at work when the fire started only to get home to meet their apartment and entire belongings razed. They called on Government to come to the victims’ rescue.

In meantime, victims of the fire incident said they were “unable to rescue anything from their rooms,” and appealed to the state government to come to their aid.

No casualty was recorded in the fire which was eventually put off by the state fire service.

Loading

Advertisement
Comments

Copyright © 2022 Wazobia Trends