Connect with us


Chidiebere Anusiem & Lover, Amara Ehirim Found Dead In Their Imo Apartment



 A Dubai based businessman, Chidiebere Anusiem (32) and his lover, Amara Ehirim (26) have been found dead in their apartment located at Naza in Owerri West Council Area of Imo State.

The Guardian gathered that late Anusiem had recently returned from his base to complete their marriage rites and ceremonies before the incident.

While his lover, a graduate of Business Corporative from Federal Polytechnic Nekede, was a popular herbal tea seller within and outside their area.

The deceased hailed from Ogwa and Mbieri communities respectively both in Mbaitoli Council area of Imo State.

It was learnt that the incident happened last Thursday, after the deceased hung out with friends on Wednesday night in an undisclosed nearby joint.

It was also gathered that the late Anusiem’s friend, (name withheld), who was with them during the night outing has been released from the police detention after he was arrested over the incident.

It was also learnt that the police left their friend after preliminary investigation exonerated him from having anything to do with the death of the intended couple.

However, there are speculations that the lovers may have died as a result of food poison, ingesting harmful substances or inhaled fumes from power generating sets, kept a few distance from their room.

One of the neighbours, who spoke to The Guardian on condition of anonymity said: “This happened last Thursday. They both went to bed that Wednesday night after everything. In the morning, they still stayed indoors till 10:0a.m., which was unusual because the lady usually leaves early in the morning to go about her business.

“She sells tea in the morning around the town and everybody knows her for it because she has been in the business for years. It was also from there that she trained herself in school and still took care of her siblings after their mother died some years back and their father left them to remarry.

“So when their room was opened, they were found still lying on the bed with something like fumes gushing from their mouths and nose. That was when we suspected that something was not right with them and quickly alerted the people who also invited the police from Agbala station. It was with the help of the police that they were rushed to a nearby hospital where they were confirmed dead.”

Debunking the possibility that the lovers died of food poisoning, a friend of the late Ehirim, who did not want her name in print said, “they ate together with others before going to bed that night.”

“And her two relatives who live with them in the apartment ate the same food with them are fine. Nothing happened to them.

“So we are still confused about what could have caused their death. It couldn’t have been fumes from the generator because they have been using that generator a long time before that day and the generator is not even kept anywhere close to the room they slept in.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mike Abattam confirmed the incident.


Copyright © 2022 Wazobia Trends